BBC Children in Need Appeal Show 2016
I have such fond memories of Children in Need - growing up, I loved watching all the special sketches and performances, and of course, Sir Terry Wogan’s inimitable presenting.Eddie Redmayne
The sketch was recorded on the set of Eddie’s new film, Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them and will see the much loved actor doing his bit to raise money for Children in Need. It will feature other special cameos from the world of showbiz and will air on the BBC Children in Need Appeal Show on Friday 18 November, 7.30pm on BBC One.
Eddie Redmayne says: “I have such fond memories of Children in Need - growing up, I loved watching all the special sketches and performances, and of course, Sir Terry Wogan’s inimitable presenting. It is a charity very close to my heart so you can only imagine how chuffed I was to be asked to do a special sketch for this year. I can’t wait for you all to see what we have in store.”
Also announced today for the BBC Children in Need Appeal Show 2016:
- The EastEnders cast is back with an extravaganza which is sure to take many people’s breath away.
- Rob Brydon is back in the host’s chair for a very special Children in Need junior edition of Would I Lie To You? David Mitchell and Lee Mack are the team captains but, for this mini-episode only, their special guests are children, some of whom will be making incredible-sounding claims, whilst the others help their captains challenge the opposing teams.
- Over 1,500 children across nine different UK locations will be coming together to sing in unison for Pudsey in the Children’s Choir that will perform live on the night.
Straight from Rio 2016, as announced on Tuesday 25 October 2016, the Olympic stars of Team GB Helen Glover MBE, Hollie Webb, Joe Clarke and Lutalo Muhammad are to shimmy their way into the world famous Strictly Come Dancing ballroom as they join professional dancers Janette Manrara, Pasha Kovalev, Karen Clifton and Neil Jones for the annual Strictly Come Dancing Children in Need special presented by Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman.
The BBC Children in Need Appeal Show is known for its performances from the music industry’s most loved artists, and this year is no different. Superstar Michael Buble has recorded a very special performance for Children in Need, pop princesses Little Mix will be taking to the stage in an electric show-stopper and this year’s West End musical special comes from the incredible cast of Aladdin The Musical.
Furthermore, BBC national & regional TV stations will be shining a light on BBC Children In Need’s activity across the UK.
The BBC Children In Need 2016 presenters are Tess Daly, Greg James, Graham Norton, Ade Adepitan, Rochelle and Marvin Humes.
Clare Pizey and Paul Wright, Executive Producers, BBC Children in Need said: “We are incredibly proud of the fantastic line up we have brought together for this year’s Children in Need. This year will feel very different as the great Sir Terry Wogan is no longer with us but we will do our best to honour his memory. We have an exciting new presenting team, a special sketch featuring Eddie Redmayne, fabulous music acts and a whole host of treats - all with one aim – to entertain the nation and raise as much money as we can for disadvantaged children and young people throughout the UK.”
Further news about the content of the show will be revealed in due course.
- The One Show's Children in Need Special, BBC One, 7-7.30pm
- BBC Children in Need, BBC One, 7.30-10pm
- BBC Children in Need, BBC Two, 10-10.40pm
- BBC Children in Need, BBC One, 10.40pm-1am