Ellie Goulding releases official single for BBC Children in Need
I’ve grown up watching BBC Children in Need so it’s fantastic that I’m doing this year’s single!"Ellie Goulding
The track has been selected as the official single for the 2013 Appeal and will help raise money to support disadvantaged children and young people right here in the UK.
The exclusive television performance of the single will be broadcast on the BBC Children in Need Appeal Show airing live on BBC One on Friday 15 November at 7.30pm. The Charity single will be available to pre-order from 7 October and for full download from 10 November.
Goulding, who recently topped the UK charts with her hit single Burn, has sold more than 15 million singles and 4 million albums worldwide. Speaking of her involvement, she said: “I’ve grown up watching BBC Children in Need so it’s fantastic that I’m doing this year’s single! It is an emotional song, but in a really positive way, and I’ve been completely blown away with the positive reaction it’s had already.”
As the official artist behind this year’s single, Goulding joins a long list of renowned performers including Girls Aloud, who supported the campaign with their comeback single Something New in 2012. Other past acts include JLS (Love You More, 2010) and the Teletubbies (as part of Peter Kay's Animated All Star Band in 2009), along with David Bowie, Tom Jones and Elton John, who featured on the iconic Perfect Day single in 1997.
BBC Children in Need works to ensure that every child in the UK has a safe, happy and secure childhood and the chance to reach their potential. For anyone interested in fundraising, or for more details on all areas of BBC Children in Need, information is available from bbc.co.uk/pudsey.
For more information on the single or the BBC Children in Need Appeal 2013 please contact: Henni.Cardy@bbc.co.uk or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
1. A minimum of 20p per download from the single will be donated to the charity. The track is currently available to download through Ellie Goulding’s album, Halcyon Days, from which the charity has been receiving a 20p donation per download.
2. The BBC Children in Need Appeal is a charity registered in England and Wales (802052) and Scotland (SC039557) whose aim is to make a positive change to the lives of disadvantaged children and young people across the UK.
3. BBC Children in Need’s vision is that every child in the UK has a safe, happy and secure childhood and the chance to reach their potential. We will realise this vision by supporting, promoting and publicising work that addresses the challenges that children and young people face and work that builds their skills and resilience.
4. BBC Children in Need is currently supporting c.2,700 projects that are working with children facing a range of disadvantages for example, poverty and deprivation; children who have been the victims of abuse or neglect or disabled young people.
5. The BBC Children in Need 2013 Appeal show is on BBC One on Friday 15 November.
6. Further information on BBC Children in Need can be found at bbc.co.uk/pudsey as well as via Facebook and Twitter.
Search the site
Can't find what you need? Search here