Latest newsRead more blogs from Asia
- “Freedom is never given – it is won”We look at the work of Htet Htet Khine, our freelance presenter in Myanmar, in trying to rebuild her country
- 'Thoughts of my friends haunt me still' - reflecting on MyanmarBBC Media Action Myanmar Series Producer Dipak Bhattarai was working in Yangon when the military coup took place in the early morning of 1 February. He reflects on the experience of living under a military-controlled Myanmar, and what it means for the journalists and friends who remain there.
- Five ways to tackle information disorder – learning from IndonesiaThe spread of information which is false or misleading – whether by word-of-mouth, media, or otherwise – is an age-old phenomenon. Yet advances in technology and increasing access to traditional and social media are propelling the spread of false information, at a speed and scale not seen before in Indonesia and around the world.
- Changes in family handwashing practices in Myanmar during the pandemic Our research looks at how family handwashing practices changed in Myanmar during the pandemic and the key motivators and barriers to sustainable change.
- Making the invisible, visible with the Demon of DefecaOur Global Creative Advisor highlights why behaviour change is as important in the conversation on sanitation in India as infrastructure, and introduces our creative strategy and poo demon, Malasur.