Warm salad of pancetta, sweet potato and Brussels sprouts
For the roasted vegetables
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 120g/4½oz Brussels sprouts, peeled, trimmed and halved
- 5 plums, stones removed, sliced into wedges
- 1 tbsp vegetable or olive oil, for roasting
- 2 tsp freshly chopped thyme
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 orange, juice and zest only
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the pancetta
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 10 hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbps freshly chopped mixed herbs, such as chives, thyme and parsley
Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.
For the roasted vegetables, place the sweet potato, Brussels sprouts and plums on a roasting pan, drizzle with oil and sprinkle over the thyme.
Pour over the maple syrup and orange juice. Sprinkle over the orange zest and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well together and roast for about 25–30 minutes, or until golden-brown, tossing from time to time.
Place the pancetta into a frying pan with a little oil and fry until crisp. Place on kitchen paper to drain. Set aside.
For the dressing, combine all the ingredients, check the seasoning, adding salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
To serve, arrange the radicchio and frisée lettuce on a platter, spoon the warm vegetables to the side and spoon over some of the dressing.
Sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds and pancetta pieces on the top. Garnish with edible flowers or sprigs of thyme, if using. Serve the remaining dressing in a little jug.
Radicchio and frisée are often found in ready prepared salad bags, if you find it difficult to buy them separately.