Wakame seaweed salad with miso dressing
- 50g/1¾oz dried wakame seaweed, soaked in cold water for 20 minutes, then drained and rinsed
- 20g/¾oz dried wood ear mushrooms, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes, then drained, rinsed and finely shredded
- ½ Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into matchsticks
- 1 small carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small handful of coriander roots, thinly sliced
- 1 handful of coriander leaves, to garnish
For the dressing
Toss all the salad ingredients together in a bowl.
To make the dressing, grind the sesame seeds in a pestle and mortar. Add the miso paste and mix well. Put in a small bowl and add the remaining dressing ingredients. Whisk well to combine.
Add the dressing to the salad just before serving, and stir to combine. Garnish with the coriander and serve immediately.