Vegetable stir fry with prawns
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, finely chopped
- 2.5cm/1in piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 150g/3½oz raw king prawns, heads and shells removed, de-veined
- 2 carrots, peeled, julienned
- 150g/5oz broccoli florets
- 150g/5oz Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 2 heads bok choi, cut in half
- 80g/2¾oz beansprouts
- 250g/9oz wok-ready noodles
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar, or mirin
- chopped fresh coriander leaves, to serve
Heat the groundnut oil in a wok over a high heat. When the oil is smoking, add the garlic, ginger and prawns and stir fry for one minute.
Add the carrots, broccoli and Chinese cabbage and continue to stir fry for 2-3 minutes, or until just wilted.
Add the bok choi, beansprouts and noodles and stir fry for a further minute.
In a bowl, mix together the sesame oil, soy sauce and rice vinegar until well combined. Add the mixture to the wok and stir fry for a further 1-2 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
Sprinkle over the coriander leaves and serve immediately.