Vegan sausage rolls
These vegan sausage rolls are inspired by Glamorgan sausages – which are vegetarian and include cheese – the leek and apple filling makes a great alternative. Make your own apple sauce following the recipe below, or use a shop-bought apple sauce or purée. Some ready-made apple sauce is infused with cider to add an extra pop of flavour.
Each roll provides 134 kcal, 2.5g protein, 15.5g carbohydrates (of which 4g sugars), 6.5g fat (of which 3g saturates), 1.5g fibre and 0.4g salt.
- 375g pack ready-rolled vegan puff pastry
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 200g/7oz leeks (trimmed weight), finely diced
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp freshly chopped sage (or 1 tsp dried sage)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 100g/3½oz fresh breadcrumbs
- 250g/9oz apple sauce (homemade as below or shop-bought)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp tamari, for brushing