A go-to recipe for a fudgy and rich vegan brownie that’s perfect for a bake sale or a decadent dessert.
You will need a 20 x 30cm/8 x 12in baking tin. Each serving provides 374 kcal, 3.5g protein, 48g carbohydrate (of which 37g sugars), 18.5g fat (of which 6.5g saturates), 2g fibre and 0.25g salt.
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 200g/7oz vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- 175g/6oz dairy-free margarine
- 125g/4½oz caster sugar
- 125g/4½oz light muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or barley malt extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g/5½oz plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp soya milk
- 100g/3½oz vegan chocolate chips (optional)