Thai-style salmon and noodle broth
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ½ head broccoli, chopped into florets, stalk chopped into pieces
- 2 limes, juice only
- 150ml/¼ pint hot chicken stock
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 55g/2oz salmon, cut into 2cm/1in cubes
- 55g/2oz medium egg noodles, cooked according to packet instructions and drained
Place all the ingredients except the salmon and noodles into a pan, adding a little water, if necessary, to completely cover the ingredients. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
Add the salmon to the broth and simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and the broccoli is tender. Add the noodles and stir to mix.
To serve, pour the broth into a bowl.
To make this dish gluten-free, replace the egg noodles with rice noodles and make sure you're using gluten-free stock. It's just as good.