Thai-style salmon with roasted vegetables
An all-in-one-pan dish, bursting with Thai flavours, salmon and fresh vegetables. For a more filling meal, serve with steamed or boiled rice.
- 400ml tin full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely diced
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 6cm/2½in piece fresh root ginger, peeled, coarsely grated and then finely chopped
- 2 limes, juice only
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 Romano peppers, seeds removed, cut into large pieces
- 3 banana shallots, peeled and halved
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 150g/5½oz baby courgettes, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 6 small salmon fillets, skin removed
- bunch Thai basil or fresh coriander, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
Mix the coconut milk, Thai paste, chilli, garlic, ginger, lime juice and fish sauce in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Scatter the cauliflower, peppers and shallots into a large roasting tin. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and stir. Pour over half of the coconut mixture, season with salt and pepper and drizzle over the honey. Roast for 12–15 minutes, or until the vegetables are starting to brown.
Mix the courgettes with the remaining oil. Add the courgettes and salmon to the tin and spoon over the remaining coconut mixture. Roast for a further 10 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked.
Sprinkle over the Thai basil and serve immediately.