- 25g/1oz bulgur wheat
- 2 large, ripe vine tomatoes
- large bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, leaves only, washed, dried, finely chopped
- small bunch fresh mint leaves, washed, dried, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes
- 4 ready-made flatbreads, to serve
Place the bulgur wheat into a small bowl and cover with 50ml/2fl oz of boiling water. Stir, then set aside for 20 minutes, or until the bulgur wheat has absorbed all of the water.
Cut out the green stalks from the tomatoes and make a small cross at each of the bases. Place the tomatoes into a separate bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 30 seconds, then drain away the water.
When the tomatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and discard the skins. Cut the tomatoes into quarters, discard the seeds and dice the flesh. Transfer the diced tomatoes to a serving bowl.
Add the parsley, mint and onion to the tomatoes and mix well until combined.
When the bulgur wheat has absorbed all of the water, fluff it using a fork until the grains are separated. Add the bulgur wheat to the tomato mixture.
Drizzle over the lemon juice and olive oil and season, to taste, with salt. Mix well to coat the ingredients in the liquid.
To serve, divide the tabbouleh equally among four serving plates. Place one grilled flatbread alongside each.