Sweet potato rösti
Inexpensive and quick to prepare, these delicious sweet potato röstis work brilliantly with a salad, as a burger filling or as a lunch box snack. To make this vegan, swap the mayonnaise for vegan mayonnaise.
Each rösti provides 164 kcal, 3g protein, 28g carbohydrates (of which 5g sugars), 4g fat (of which 0.5g saturates),3.5g fibre and 0.3g salt.
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3cm/1¼in fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1½ tbsp cornflour
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 125g/4½oz plain flour, plus extra if needed
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil, for frying
- salt and freshly ground black pepper