Lighter stir-fried beef with broccoli and sweetcorn
Lean beef is rich in protein and a good source of iron. It's also delicious in a stir-fry with broccoli and sweetcorn.
Each serving provides 310 kcal, 30g protein, 28g carbohydrate (of which 2.5g sugars), 7.5g fat (of which 3g saturates), 5.5g fibre and 1.9g salt.
- 100g/3½oz lean beef, cut into strips
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 20g/¾oz fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 80g/3oz tenderstem broccoli, roughly chopped
- 40g/1½oz baby sweetcorn, roughly chopped
- 150ml/5fl oz beef stock
- 30g/1oz dried egg noodles
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced, to garnish
Mix the beef, oil, garlic, ginger and chilli together and leave to marinate in a shallow dish for 15 minutes.
Heat a wok or frying pan, add the beef and stir fry for 3–4 minutes.
Add the broccoli, sweetcorn and stock and cook for 5 minutes, adding a little more stock if necessary.
Place the noodles in a saucepan of water, bring to the boil and then reduce the heat. Cook for 3 minutes, or until just cooked. Drain well.
Add the noodles to the beef and vegetables, stir in the soy sauce and garnish with the spring onion. Serve.
For a 400 kcal dish, increase the quantity of beef to 140g/5oz and noodles to 40g/1½oz.