Nigella's steak tartare
- 100g/3½oz organic beef fillet, finely chopped
- 2 gherkins, finely chopped
- 1 tsp capers, rinsed and drained, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- few drops Tabasco sauce
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 slice dark rye or pumpernickel bread
- 1 free-range egg yolk
Place the chopped beef, gherkins, capers and shallot into a bowl and mix well.
Add the mustard, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix well.
To serve, spoon the steak tartare mixture onto a slice of plain or toasted dark rye or pumpernickel bread.
Make a small dent in the top of the tartare and top with a fresh egg yolk. Eat immediately.