Spicy vegetarian egg fried rice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- small handful okra, chopped
- 75g/2½oz oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 250g/9oz long grain rice, cooked according to packet instructions
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp chilli relish
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsely
- lemon wedges, to serve
Heat the olive oil in a wok, add the onion, garlic, red pepper and okra and fry for 3-4 minutes or until softened and golden-brown.
Add the mushrooms and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the rice and fry for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
Make a well in the middle of the rice, add the egg and fry, stirring constantly, until cooked.
Add the soy sauce, sesame oil and chilli relish and stir for 1-2 minutes until heated through. Stir in the parsley.
To serve, spoon onto a serving plate and garnish with lemon wedges.