Spicy chorizo couscous salad
- 250g/9oz couscous
- 300ml/½pint hot vegetable stock
- 150g/5½oz chorizo, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 purple pepper, chopped (substiute red pepper if unavailable)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- handful each parsley, basil, mint, chopped
- handful olives, chopped
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place the couscous into a large bowl. Pour over the hot vegetable (enough to cover the couscous), cover with cling film and leave for four minutes.
Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chorizo, peppers and garlic. Fry for three minutes.
Add the tomato, herbs, olives, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes. Place the chorizo mixture and the couscous into a bowl and mix together.
To serve, transfer the chorizo and couscous into a serving bowl.