Spicy Mexican bean soup
This hearty, warming Mexican bean soup uses basic store cupboard ingredients and is cooked from scratch in the microwave. Add extra chilli powder for a spicy kick.
This meal, if served as six portions, provides 94kcal, 4.5g protein, 13g carbohydrate (of which 7g sugars), 1g fat (of which 0.2g saturates), 6g fibre and 0.3g salt per portion.
- 1 onion
- 2–3 garlic cloves
- 2 medium carrots or 1 medium carrot and 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 red pepper
- ½ vegetable stock cube
- 1 x 400g/14oz can red kidney beans
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin (optional)
- 1 tsp dried oregano (optional)
- 1 x 400g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
- ground black pepper (optional)