Chorizo and meatball stew
This is a real store cupboard saviour. Pork mince can vary wildly in fat content, so make sure you check before buying. You could add more vegetables to this stew if you like - spinach, sweet potato, carrot or celery would all work. Chickpeas are a nice substitution for the beans, too.
Each serving provides 366 kcal, 27g protein, 44g carbohydrate (of which 7.5g sugars), 7.5g fat (of which 3g saturates), 7g fibre and 0.6g salt.
- 250g/9oz lean pork mince (8% fat or less)
- 25g/1oz dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 onion, grated
- spray oil, for frying
- 20g/¾oz chopped chorizo
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin cannellini beans, drained
- 200g/7oz roasted red peppers from a jar (not in oil), drained weight, chopped
- 100g/3½oz basmati rice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper