Smoked garlic soup with parsley pesto
For the smoked garlic soup
- 1 large potato, peeled, chopped and diced
- 2 bulbs smoked garlic, separated into cloves, peeled
- 150ml/¼ pint hot chicken stock (can substitute vegetable stock)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chopped fresh chives, to garnish
For the parsley pesto
For the smoked garlic soup, place the potato, garlic cloves and hot stock into a pan and bring to the boil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, reduce the heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Blend with a hand blender until smooth.
For the parsley pesto, place all the parsley pesto ingredients into a small food processor and blend until smooth.
To serve, pour the soup into a bowl, swirl in a spoonful of the parsley pesto and garnish with the chives.