Sicilian fish with sweet potato chips
Cooking fish is a doddle in this low-calorie Sicilian dish, with its bright colours and sweet-and-sour flavours. It is over 500 calories so be careful to pair it with a lower calorie breakfast and lunch on a diet day so your calories don't exceed 1200–1500.
Each serving provides 550 kcal, 34g protein, 74.5g carbohydrates (of which 34.5g sugars), 9g fat (of which 1.5g saturates), 15.5g fibre and 0.7g salt.
- 3 sweet potatoes (350g/12oz each), peeled and cut into chips
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red peppers, seeds removed, cut into small pieces
- 2 yellow peppers, seeds removed, cut into small pieces
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 level tsp caster sugar
- 2 level tbsp capers
- 4 level tbsp tomato purée
- 4 x 150g/5½oz thick cod steaks (or other firm white fish), skinless
- salt and freshly ground black pepper