Seafood pasta with white wine and chilli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ red chilli, seeds removed, finely sliced
- 1 large vine tomato, chopped
- 6 tbsp dry white wine
- 55g/2oz mussels in their shells, beards removed (discard any open mussels that don't close when tapped firmly)
- 55g/2oz prawns, shells removed, de-veined, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g/5½oz dried black (squid ink) linguine
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the garlic, chilli and tomato for one minute. Add the wine and cook until the sauce has reduced by half.
Add the mussels and prawns and simmer gently in the sauce for 3-5 minutes until the prawns are pink and the mussel shells open. Discard any mussels with shells that haven't opened. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. When it is cooked, drain.
Stir the sauce into the cooked pasta, pile on a plate and serve.