Squid and prawn stir fry, with chilli and ginger
Once you’ve prepared the squid and chopped the veg, this fresh-tasting seafood stir-fry can be on the table in under ten minutes.
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 12 raw tiger prawns, shelled, tails on
- 8 fresh baby squid, cleaned and cut into rings, or 200g/7oz raw squid rings
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 courgette, cut into ribbons
- 4 heads bok choi, sliced
- 2 red chillies, cut into thin slices
- 1 carrot, cut into thin slices
- 100g/3½oz stem ginger, finely chopped, plus syrup from the jar
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- splash sesame oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
Heat a pan and then add one tablespoon of oil. Stir-fry the prawns for 2 minutes. Add the squid. Stir-fry until the prawns are pink and the squid is cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan, along with the garlic, courgette, bok choi, chillies, carrot and ginger. Stir-fry for one minute and remove from the pan. Add a generous splash of ginger syrup and the soy sauce and cook until the volume of liquid has reduced by half. Add a splash of sesame oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Toss the vegetables with the prawns and squid in the sauce. Serve immediately.