Tinned salmon fishcakes
These tinned salmon fishcakes are perfect for a family-friendly dinner or summer lunch; you can make them up to a day ahead. Don’t be tempted to use fresh salmon: tinned salmon blends better with the other ingredients and packs more of a flavour punch – this is almost a store-cupboard supper.
Each serving provides 665 kcal, 28g protein, 60g carbohydrates (of which 4g sugars), 34g fat (of which 6g saturates), 5g fibre and 1.1g salt.
- 600g/1lb 5oz floury potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 100g/3½oz frozen peas
- 1 unwaxed lemon, zest only
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 x 213g tins salmon, drained well, large bones and skin removed
- 50g/1¾oz plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 large free-range egg
- 100g/3½oz dried breadcrumbs
- 6 tbsp vegetable, sunflower or light rapeseed oil, for frying
- 2 knobs of unsalted butter, for frying
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges, to serve