Easy vegetable stir-fry
This speedy veggie stir-fry is super easy to make, packed with vegetables and full of flavour.
Each serving provides 103kcal, 3g protein, 7g carbohydrate (of which 7g sugars), 6g fat (of which 0.7g saturates), 3.5g fibre and 1.4g salt.
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 spring onions, cut into 4cm/1½in lengths
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- piece fresh root ginger, about 1cm/½in, peeled and grated
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, cut into thick matchsticks
- 100g/3½oz baby sweetcorn, halved
- 1 courgette, cut into thick matchsticks
- 150g/5½oz sugar-snap peas or mangetout, trimmed
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp low-salt soy sauce
Heat a wok on a high heat and add the sunflower oil. Add the spring onions, garlic, ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute, then reduce the heat. Take care to not brown the vegetables.
Add the carrot, red pepper and baby sweetcorn and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the courgette and sugar snap peas and stir-fry for a further 3 minutes. Toss the ingredients from the centre to the side of the wok using a wooden spatula. Do not overcrowd the wok and keep the ingredients moving.
Add 1 tablespoon water, hoisin and soy sauce and cook over a high heat for a further 2 minutes or until all the vegetables are cooked but not too soft. Serve with noodles or rice.
Make sure all the food is prepared before you start cooking.
Cut all of the vegetables to a similar size to ensure they cook evenly.
The oil needs to be hot before you start cooking, but reduced to a medium heat once you start cooking.