Rose, raspberry and coconut fool
- 450g/1lb raspberries, plus 150g/5½oz for decorating
- 125g/4½oz caster sugar
- squeeze lemon juice
- 300ml/10fl oz double cream
- 100ml/3½fl oz Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp rosewater, or to taste
- 30g/1oz–50g/1¾oz toasted coconut flakes, to decorate
- small handful crystallized rose petals, to decorate (optional). See recipe tip below
Put the raspberries and 50g/1¾oz of the sugar in a saucepan and add the lemon juice. Press the berries lightly with the back of a fork. Cook over a medium heat for 10–15 minutes, or until the mixture thickens, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool completely.
Meanwhile, put the cream in a bowl with the remaining sugar and whisk to soft peaks. Add the yoghurt and rose water to taste (be careful as rose water varies considerably in strength) and whisk again gently. Pour in the cooled raspberry mixture and ripple through using the back of a knife.
Spoon the mixture into six 150ml/5fl oz pots and leave to chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Top with extra raspberries, toasted coconut flakes and crystallized rose petals and serve.
To make your own crystallised rose petals, simply brush edible rose petals with egg white, dip in caster sugar and leave to dry.