Quick apricot, apple and pecan loaf cake
Delia walks you through this simple tea bread recipe for delicious results - perfect for beginners and for baking with kids.
Equipment and peparation: You will need one pleated bread loaf tin 900g/2lb with a base measurement of 9x16cm/3½x6½in lightly buttered.
For the loaf cake
- 175g/6oz ready-to-eat apricots, each chopped in half
- 175g/6oz cooking apple (1 medium apple), cut into 1cm/½in chunks with skins on
- 175g/6oz pecan nuts
- pinch of salt
- 1½ level tsp baking powder
- 2 rounded tsp cinnamon
- 110g/4oz plain flour
- 110g/4oz wholewheat flour
- 110g/4oz butter, at room temperature
- 175g/6oz soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp milk