Pressure-cooker risotto with leeks, sun-dried tomatoes and mascarpone
- 75g/3oz unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 leeks, washed, halved lengthways and sliced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 150g/5oz risotto rice, such as Arborio
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, cut into thin strips
- 450ml/¾ pint hot vegetable stock
- 50g/2oz mascarpone
- 50g/2oz parmesan
- 1 tbsp fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
Melt the butter in a pressure cooker on a gentle heat (CAUTION: Please follow the manufacturer guidelines for safe use of your pressure cooker). Add the onion, garlic, leeks and thyme and cook for 4-5 minutes without colouring.
Add the rice and sun-dried tomatoes and stir well, making sure you coat the rice thoroughly with the butter.
Add the hot stock and lock the lid in position and bring to pressure. Reduce heat and cook for six minutes.
Release the pressure, remove the lid and stir.
Fold in the mascarpone and parmesan and season to taste.
Garnish with the parsley and serve at once.