This easy version of the Louisiana classic still uses the ‘holy trinity’ of celery, pepper and onions to form the base of the dish. It’s all cooked in less than half an hour in only one pan, saving you time on the cooking as well as the washing up!
Each serving provides 392 kcal, 28g protein, 59g carbohydrate (of which 8g sugars), 4g fat (of which 1g saturates), 4g fibre and 1g salt.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 250g/9oz basmati rice
- 500ml/18fl oz chicken stock
- 3 vine tomatoes, finely chopped
- 400g/14oz raw tiger prawns
- large handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve