Pork fillet stir-fry in sweet and sour sauce
For the sweet and sour sauce
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 50g/2oz sugar
- 50g/2oz canned pineapple, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
For the stir-fry
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 600g/1lb 5oz pork fillet, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green asparagus, cut in half lengthways then sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 courgettes, cut in half lengthways, then thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh chives, cut into 1cm/½in lengths, to serve
For the sweet and sour sauce, mix all of the sauce ingredients together in a pan and cook over a low heat for five minutes.
For the stir-fry, heat the sunflower oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the pork and stir fry over a high heat for about five minutes, or until evenly browned.
Add the asparagus, cucumber, courgettes, red and yellow peppers and red onion and stir fry for five minutes, or until tender but still crisp.
Add the sweet and sour sauce and cook, stirring constantly, for a further two minutes, or until the pork is completely cooked through.
To serve, sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.