Persian cucumber and yoghurt dip
Try this cucumber, herb and garlic dip as a side dish or as part of a mezze-style meal.
- 1 large cucumber, coarsely grated or finely diced
- 500ml/18fl oz Greek yoghurt
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 20g/¾oz dill, stalks and leaves finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oli, for drizzling
Carefully squeeze out and discard the excess water from the grated cucumber – you can do this by hand or in a sieve. Place the grated cucumber in a mixing bowl and mix in the yogurt.
Add the garlic and dill, mix well and season to taste with sea salt and black pepper. Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.