Penne with peas and beans
This creamy pasta dish is perfect for a meat free Monday. Add peas and broad beans to help you on your way to five a day.
With a GI of 53 this meal is high protein, low GI provides 559 kcal per portion.
- 350g/12oz wholewheat penne
- 1 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed oil or olive oil
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 200g/7oz reduced-fat mascarpone cheese
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 400g/14oz frozen peas, thawed
- 400g/14oz frozen baby broad beans, thawed
- 1 small bunch of basil, roughly chopped, a few leaves reserved for garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper