Pea, salted yoghurt and mint salad
Throw these ingredients together as a last-minute quick warm salad, or cook the peas in advance and refresh.
- 200g/7oz peas, out of their pods
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, finely chopped
- ½ lemon, juice only
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g/3½oz firm, salted, strained yoghurt or fresh soft goats' cheese
- small handful fresh mint leaves, torn
Cook the peas in a pan of boiling, salted water for 1-2 minutes, or until tender. Drain well, then refresh in cold water until cold.
In a large bowl, mix together the cooled, cooked peas, chilli, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil until well combined. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Break up the strained yoghurt or goats' cheese into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle over the pea mixture. Sprinkle over the mint leaves and mix lightly to combine.