Creamy mushroom pasta
Portobello mushroom sauce over pasta with fresh parsley, white wine, garlic and olive oil... what are you waiting for? This creamy mushroom pasta can be made in minutes
- 25g/1oz unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 Portobello mushroom, chopped
- 50ml/2fl oz white wine
- 50ml/2fl oz double cream
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 100g/3½oz pasta, such as tagliatelle, cooked according to packet instructions
- 25g/1oz pine nuts (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Melt the butter with the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
Add the mushroom and cook until soft. Season well with salt and pepper.
Add the white wine and cook until the volume of liquid has reduced by half.
Add the cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add the parsley and check the seasoning again.
Toss the pasta through the sauce, then serve in a warm bowl and sprinkle over the pine nuts.
You can use chestnut mushrooms or button mushrooms if you don't have portobello. This recipe serves 1, but you can easily double or treble it!