Pan-fried cod with peas and pancetta and sweet potato crisps
- 4 portions thick cod fillet
- olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices grilled, crispy pancetta
- 200g/7oz cauliflower and potato mash
- 4 thin strips of sweet potato, deep-fried
For the sauce
To make the sauce, first sauté the diced pancetta until crisp, then add the onion and garlic and soften without allowing them to colour
Add the horseradish and wine and simmer, then add the reduced stock and the cream.
Add the peas and sugar. Stir and season.
Simmer for a few minutes.
Brush the cod fillets with olive oil, season and pan-fry until browned, then finish in the oven to cook.
Place the cauliflower and potato mash in the centre of the plate and top with the cod and pancetta and sweet potato crisps. Spoon the sauce around to serve.