One pan halloumi veggie traybake
Roasted veg topped with halloumi makes for an easy veggie dinner to look forward. Simply throw all the veggies into one roasting dish, top with sices of halloumi and finish under the grill.
Each serving provides 670 kcal, 30g protein, 33.5g carbohydrates (of which 19g sugars), 44g fat (of which 23g saturates), 12.5g fibre and 3.6g salt.
- 1 large red onion, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3 mixed peppers, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large aubergine, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 250g/9oz halloumi cheese, sliced
- small handful fresh basil
- freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
Spread the vegetables across a large baking tray and toss with the oil and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes, or until the vegetables are slightly browned and tender.
Heat the grill to it's highest setting.
Remove the tray from the oven and give it a big toss. Lay the halloumi slices on top of the vegetables, seasoning each with black pepper and an extra drizzle of olive oil.
Transfer the tray to the grill and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the cheese has just started to turn golden brown.
Roughly tear the basil leaves and scatter over the halloumi bake just before serving.