Mussels with coconut crumb crust
- 150g/5oz brioche crumbs (you can make your own by blending a brioche in a food processor)
- 100g/3½oz desiccated coconut, toasted in a dry frying pan
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp softened butter
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed to a paste with a pinch of salt
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 green lip mussels, ready-cooked, bottom half of the shell on
For the salsa
Preheat the grill to its highest setting.
Place the brioche breadcrumbs, toasted coconut, coriander, butter, chilli, garlic and salt and freshly ground black pepper into a bowl and mix together well.
Place the mussels, open-side up, onto a baking tray. Place a spoonful of the breadcrumb mixture into each mussel to cover the mussel flesh completely. Place under the grill and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the topping is golden-brown.
For the salsa, place the grapefruit segments, lime juice, chilli, chopped lychees and Tabasco into a bowl and mix well.
To serve, place three mussels onto each plate and serve a dollop of salsa alongside.