- 2 large St Georges mushrooms (weighing approximately150g/5oz) If unavailable use Portobello mushrooms.
- 20 fresh mint leaves, very finely sliced
For the dressing
- 1 tsp truffle oil
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- 75ml/2½fl oz white wine vinegar
- 150ml/5fl oz extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and discard. Place the mushroom caps into the freezer for 10-15mins (this will make them easier to slice thinly).
Once the mushrooms are chilled, slice them very thinly (a mandoline is ideal for this, but a sharp knife and a steady hand will do) and arrange the slices onto plates.
Sprinkle with the mint.
For the dressing, place all of the dressing ingredients into a food processor and blend to combine.
To serve, drizzle the mushroom slices with the dressing, then add a spoonful of crème fraîche to each plate.
Sprinkle with freshly grated or shaved pecorino cheese and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.