Moroccan lamb steaks with spicy sauce
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 lamb leg steak, cut into 2 pieces
- olive oil, for drizzling
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice only
- 20g/1oz fresh chives, cut into 2in pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 vacuum-packed vine leaves in brine, shredded, to decorate
Mix the spices together and roll the lamb steaks in the spices and drizzle with the olive oil.
Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot, add the lamb and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove the lamb and keep warm.
Add to the pan the red onion, red pepper and garlic, and cook for two minutes.
Add the lime juice and chives and cook for another two minutes. Add the lamb and warm through. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
To serve, spoon the sauce onto a plate, top with the lamb and garnish with the shredded vine leaves.