Monkfish, leek and tomato stew
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 100g/3½oz baby leeks, sliced
- 85g/3oz new potatoes, chopped
- 200ml/7fl oz fish stock
- ½ lemon, zest only
- 6 ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- 125g/4½oz monkfish tail, de-boned, trimmed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
Add the leeks and potatoes and continue cooking for a further 3-4 minutes.
Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer for around eight minutes, or until the potatoes are still firm but nearly cooked through.
Add the lemon zest, cherry tomatoes and chunks of fish and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the fish and potatoes are cooked through.
Stir in the chopped parsley and serve.