Mini primavera flatbread 'pizzas'
For the flatbread 'pizza' bases
- 120-125ml/3½-4fl oz warm water
- 1 tbsp dried fast-action yeast
- ½ tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g/5½oz '00' type flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tbsp salt
- 25g/1oz polenta
For the topping
- 150g/5½oz peas, blanched in boiling water, drained
- 150g/5½oz broad beans, blanched in boiling water, drained, pods removed, skins removed
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 200g/7oz pecorino cheese, crumbled
- squeeze lemon juice
- 225g/8oz cream cheese
- 5 asparagus spears, grilled, cut in half lengthways
- 100g/3½oz pea shoots
- small bunch fresh mint leaves
- drizzle extra virgin olive oil, to serve
For the flatbread 'pizza' bases, in a large bowl, mix together the water, yeast, sugar and olive oil until well combined.
In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt and polenta until well combined.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Knead until the mixture comes together as a dough, then set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
When the dough has rested and risen slightly, knock it back on a lightly floured work surface. Divide the dough into ten equal portions, each about the size of a golf ball.
Roll the dough balls out onto a lightly floured work surface, one at a time, until 10-12cm/4-5in in diameter and 3mm thick (they should resemble flatbread).
Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Add the flatbread 'pizza' bases to the griddle pan in batches. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until the flatbreads are cooked through and have golden-brown griddle marks on both sides. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool slightly. Repeat the process with the remaining flatbread 'pizza' bases.
For the topping, blend the blanched peas and broad beans, black pepper, pecorino and lemon juice to a rough paste in a pestle and mortar.
Spread a layer of cream cheese over each flatbread base, then spread over a layer of the pea and bean paste. Lay one of the asparagus halves onto each base, then arrange the pea shoots and mint leaves around it. Drizzle over a dash of olive oil.
Transfer the mini primavera flatbread 'pizzas' to serving plates and serve immediately.