Mini pitta bread pizzas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tomato, seeds removed, chopped
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 mini pitta breads, split in half horizontally
- ½ yellow pepper, seeds removed, cut into strips
- ½ red pepper, seeds removed, cut into strips
- 55g/2oz Manchego cheese, sliced
- 1 handful iceberg lettuce, shredded, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Stir in the tomato and ketchup and simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until reduced slightly.
Spread the tomato mixture onto one side of the pitta halves, arrange the pepper strips on top and lay over the cheese. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt.
Serve the pitta bread pizzas on a serving plate alongside the shredded iceberg lettuce.