Mincemeat, almond and pear tart
- 1 x 11in/30cm loose-bottomed flan tin
- 1 quantity sugar pastry (see separate recipe)
- 4 tbspof mincemeat (see separate recipe)
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and quartered
- 4oz (100g) softened butter
- 4oz (100g) soft light brown sugar
- 4oz (100g) ground almonds
- few drops of vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp dark rum
- 2 tbsp apricot glaze
preheat oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3/140C for fan oven
Place your flan tin on a baking tray. Line the flan tin with the pastry. Make sure you let the excess pastry hang over the sides but do not trim it off.
Spread the mincemeat over the bottom of the pastry and then arrange the pears on top.
Mix the butter and sugar together and then add the almonds and the eggs. Pour in the rum and add the vanilla extract. Spread this mixture over the top of the pears and bake in the oven for 40 - 45 minutes until the frangipane is set. It should be golden brown and firm.
When cooled, warm through the apricot glaze and brush over the top of the tart.