Midsummer asparagus, goats’ cheese and fig salad
Peel the broad beans for a tender bite, and a vibrant green colour to go with the asparagus and other summery ingredients.
- 100g/3½oz podded broad beans (or 600g/1lb 5oz if in pods)
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, cut in half lengthways, then into 8 thin wedges
- 60g/2¼oz bag salad leaves
- 6 just-ripe fresh figs, tops removed, quartered
- 100g/3½oz firm goats’ cheese, peeled and crumbled
- 250g/9oz asparagus, tips cut off, stalks cut into diagonal pieces
- selection of purple micro herbs
For the dressing
Bring a medium pan of water to the boil. Add the beans and asparagus and boil for 2–3 minutes. Drain, refresh in cold water, then drain again and peel the broad beans.
Assemble the salad in a large salad bowl by layering the Little Gem wedges, salad leaves, figs, goats’ cheese, asparagus, broad beans and micro herbs.
For the dressing, mix the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl. Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad, toss to combine and serve.