Meen molee (Fish curry cooked in coconut)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 green finger chillies
- 5cm/2in piece root ginger, peeled
- 3 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 5-6 curry leaves
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200ml/7fl oz coconut milk
- 155ml/6fl oz boiling water
- 500g/1lb 2oz haddock fillets, cut into 4cm/2in-wide pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
Place the garlic, chillies, and ginger together in a food processor and process until smooth.
Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok and fry the onion with the curry leaves for four minutes over a medium heat.
Stir in the garlic, chilli and ginger mixture with the turmeric and salt. Fry for two minutes, then add 100ml/3½fl oz coconut milk with 155ml/6fl oz boiling water.
Simmer for two minutes and then add the fish pieces and gently simmer for 5-6 minutes.
Add half of the tomato and the remaining coconut milk and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
Garnish with the remaining chopped tomato.
Serve with basmati rice.