Seafood with herbs and garlic
- 550g/19½oz mixed seafood (such as cod, salmon and prawns)
- 40g/1½oz butter
- ½ tbsp chopped garlic
- 4 tbsp spring onions, finely chopped
- 120ml/4½fl oz dry white wine
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 x 400g/14¼ oz can chopped tomatoes, with the juices
- few drops Tabasco sauce (optional) or chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- a few sprigs of various herbs, to garnish
Wash the fish and cut into 5cm (2in) pieces. Wash the prawns and remove shells.
Melt 20g (¾oz) of butter in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and fry until just starting to colour.
Add the seafood, spring onions, white wine, and lemon zest.
Cover and simmer for two minutes.
Remove the lid and add the tomatoes, Tabasco sauce and herbs.
Simmer for just two minutes more.
Turn off the heat and stir in the remaining butter.
Serve immediately in warm bowls, garnished with a few sprigs of herbs.