Easy veggie chilli
This vegetarian chilli packs a real flavour punch and is super easy to make.
Each serving provides 509 kcal, 42g protein, 45g carbohydrates (of which 18g sugars), 15g fat (of which 6g saturates), 12g fibre and 1.5g salt.
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 250g/9oz soya mince
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 300ml/½pint vegetable stock
- 1 green pepper, seeds removed and cubed
- 1 yellow pepper, seeds removed and cubed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 400g tin kidney beans in water, drained
- 1 tsp cornflour
- handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until soft.
Add the red chilli, cumin, paprika and chilli powder and cook for 1 minute. Add the soya mince and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, vegetable stock, peppers and carrot and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the kidney beans and cook for 5 minutes. Mix the cornflour with 1 tablespoon water, then add it to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir in the coriander.
Serve the chilli with the pitta halves, sour cream and grated cheese.