Jamaican fruit salad (Matrimony de luxe)
Bring a little heat to a tropical fruit salad with a drizzle of ginger syrup, then cool it down with rich double cream.
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, stone removed, flesh chopped
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled, cut into quarters, cores removed, flesh finely sliced
- 2 ripe passionfruit, pulp and seeds
- 1 large piece preserved stem ginger (from a jar), finely chopped
- 1½ tbsp ginger syrup (from the jar of preserved stem ginger)
- ½ lime, juice only
- double cream or ice cream, to serve
Mix the chopped mango, sliced kiwi and passion fruit pulp and seeds together in a large serving bowl.
Sprinkle over the chopped stem ginger and mix well.
Drizzle over the ginger syrup and squeeze over the lime juice. Mix carefully until the fruit is coated in the ginger and lime juice.
To serve, spoon the matrimony de luxe into four shallow serving bowls. Drizzle over double cream or add a scoop of ice cream.