Mango and mangetout noodle salad
- 450g/1lb cooked noodles (shop bought, cooked are fine otherwise use thin rice noodles)
- 2 mangoes, very firm
- 175g/6oz mangetout, shredded lengthways
- 6 spring onions, very finely sliced
- handful fresh coriander (stalks are fine here)
- handful fresh mint
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp fish sauce or soy sauce (optional)
- 6 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame seed
- freshly ground black pepper
Peel the mangoes and then slice into fine strips. Tip into a bowl with the mangetout, spring onions and cooked noodles.
Pour the lime juice and zest, honey, ginger and fish sauce (if using) into a blender, add the coriander and the mint and blend to form a smooth paste.
Next slowly add the sunflower oil through the feeder, with the motor running, to form a smooth emulsion. Finally add the in the sesame oil.
Toss the salad with the dressing and sprinkle with the sesame seeds just before serving.