Lobster and crab linguine
- 400g/14oz dried linguine pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 x 415g/14½oz can of lobster bisque
- 1 tbsp brandy or Pernod
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 100ml/3½fl oz double cream
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 x 170g/6oz can white crab meat, drained and flaked
- 2 tbsp chopped flatleaf parsley
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to packet instructions, or until just cooked through (al dente).
While the pasta is cooking, heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a saucepan.
Add the onion and cook for about five minutes, until softened, but not browned.
Pour in the bisque and brandy or Pernod and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to simmer for 5-6 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced by a third.
Add the tomatoes, cream and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the tomatoes have softened.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan. Add the garlic and chilli and fry for 1-2 minutes, until softened.
Add the crab meat and toss in the pan until it is heated through. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and add the parsley.
Drain the pasta and add to the lobster sauce.
To serve, divide the pasta and sauce between four plates or bowls and scatter the chilli crab mixture over the top of each one.