Tuna pasta sauce
Antonio Carluccio's not above an easy tuna pasta recipe. A store cupboard favourite with a twist of fresh ginger.
- 375g/13oz dried linguine or other pasta
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small chilli pepper, finely chopped
- 1cm/½in fresh ginger root, thinly sliced
- 450g/1lb carton or bottle passata
- 400g tinned tuna in oil, drained and roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook the pasta for 8-10 minutes or until al dente, and drain, reserving a little of the pasta water.
Meanwhile, heat the oil and gently fry 2 tablespoons of the parsley, the garlic, chilli and the ginger for a few minutes until slightly soft. Add the tomatoes and continue to cook for another few minutes. Stir in the tuna and salt.
Toss the pasta with the sauce, loosening with a little pasta water if necessary. Serve the tuna pasta sprinkled with the remaining parsley and freshly ground pepper.